The mission of SAASEd is to:
- promote awareness and understanding of issues and developments related to the education and welfare of individuals with special needs throughout the Southeast Asia;
- promote professional exchange between
professionals in special education, family members and individuals in related
disciplines in Southeast Asia;
- encourage and promote research to advance the field of special education and share that information through official publications in Southeast Asia;
- promote continuing education in special education in Southeast Asia; and,
- work collaboratively with other special education organizations for Southeast Asia promotion of the interests of individuals with special needs.